Sunday, February 26, 2017

Mars Conjunct Uranus in Aries Transit: Dare to be Different



Today, transiting Mars in Aries is exactly conjunct Uranus in Aries. This is a transit that will continue for the week and it’s a particularly powerful one, especially with Mars traveling through its dignified placement of Aries. What does it all mean? Uranus has been in Aries since about 2010. Uranus is the planet of freedom, similar to Jupiter, but it’s more of an intellectual freedom. It’s feeling free enough to just be yourself, in spite of the expectations or demands of other people, and to also promote this freedom all around you, either through acceptance of those different from you or actions that could bring about progress and change. With transiting Uranus in Aries, this kind of freedom requires bravery, initiative, and self-motivation on our part.

Since Mars is now in Aries and conjunct Uranus, even more bravery, initiative, and self-motivation are being demanded of us. This is a time where we are being challenged to do something different. You should take a look at the house in your birth chart that this conjunction has fallen in. Things have probably been operating quite strangely or unpredictably in this house recently for you. If this transit is occurring in your 7th House, your close, personal relationships may feel like they’re being turned upside down. If it’s in the 10th House, career matters or relations with the public could become topsy-turvy this week. The house that is currently occupied by Mars conjunct Uranus in Aries is not going to function in a “normal” manner now. So, you should just get used to it. 

In getting used to it, you will open yourself up to be able to think differently about this area of your life and perhaps make a very proactive change. Uranus in Aries has likely been transiting this house for years now. So, you have already been pushed to throw out some of the conventional rules and expectations when it comes to what this house represents. Mars is coming to visit in order to give you an extra kick in the pants, in this regard, and to expect the unexpected, whether it’s in regards to your relationships (7th House), your public/professional life (10th House), your finances/sense of security (2nd House) or whatever else. It might feel a little “weird” but this transit is daring you to do things differently in this life area. In the end, it will make you stronger and more courageous.

Interestingly, both Mars and Uranus are now opposing Jupiter in Libra. This is going to create an intriguing combination in your birth chart because the house that transiting Jupiter is in will feel quite limitless in its possibilities. You might feel as if things in this area of life are really paying off while the house that is currently occupied by Mars/Uranus is more of a challenge. For instance, if Jupiter is now transiting your 1st House, it can seem as if whenever you’re doing things on your own or only really worrying about yourself and your point of view, the sky is the limit! But, transiting Mars and Uranus in your 7th are causing other people to constantly go left when you expect them to go right or, alternately, are compelling you to go right when other people want you to go left.

The solution to this dilemma is to gain enough positive energy and rewards from the house that Jupiter is transiting in order to ride the wild roller coaster of the Mars/Uranus transit. Keeping with that example above, with Jupiter passing through your 1st, you should be appreciative of how good things can be when you just rely on yourself or focus on yourself. You can develop enough faith in yourself and in your individual perspective to be able to engage with other people on a close, one-on-one level, no matter what happens. Jupiter in Libra is actually teaching us how to really benefit from balance and equilibrium. Life will open up for us these days when we are concerned with fairness, kindness, and thoughtfulness. Yet, Mars conjunct Uranus in Aries will prevent us from being too eager to please people, instead reminding us of being true to our own desires, even if it doesn’t win us approval from others or makes circumstances in our life feel strange.

Mars and Uranus are also trine transiting Saturn in Sagittarius. The Sagittarius Saturn transit has been stressing the importance of having strong beliefs that can properly structure our lives and give us a sense of purpose. If our beliefs are holding us back or creating negative consequences in our life, through self-righteousness or a lack of critical thinking, we must work on that now. Saturn in Sagittarius is, as I’ve said a few times before, showing us that freedom and responsibility aren’t mutually exclusive. We can be mature adults but still believe that the world is ours and anything is possible, never losing that sense of faith while also working hard to achieve.

This blends well with the Mars conjunct Uranus in Aries energy because daring to do something different can not only free us but make us feel strong, capable, and accomplished. We can figure out if we’re asserting ourselves and our freedoms in a way that is actually successful. The house that transiting Saturn is passing through in your chart is where you are being pushed harder and this area of life can feel particularly demanding now. But, by meeting these demands, you will learn to believe that you can push yourself to achieve what was once believed to be impossible. And with the trine to Mars and Uranus, you can become more open to the unexpected and welcome into your life this week because, no matter what happens, you’ll have the strength to handle it.

6 comments:

  1. I love it when you surprise us and write about current transits! I would like to know about your thoughts on eclipses. Thank you, Wayman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I think I'm going to start writing more about transits on a regular because it's one of those things that affects everyone, no matter what your chart is. I'd have to take some more time to think about eclipses but that could be next on my list. :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I can definitely feel the opposition. The Mars/Uranus conjunction in Aries makes me want to be more independent and a little selfish, but Jupiter in Libra gives me luck when I'm more kind and take others into consideration. This opposition is occuring in my 4th/10th house axis. Great article!
    Also, I noticed these 3 planets are currently forming a t-square to pluto in capriocorn. What do you think that means?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder I've been gaining and feeling a lot of independence lately, not as merge in with another person's energy. I notice my soul is opening up and wanting to evolve explore and experiment and learn more about my passions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this week has been one of my worst ever. To start with I will say I have been on a life long journey to psychic healing through an array of studies, such as psychology, astrology, theology an over all soul seeking endeavor. Well recently, I was diagnosed with severe mental illness and then realised I had been delusional. Which was a great step in my recovery, however I found out my illness was not something I could cognitively overcome. I became suicidal from the lack of support and lack of belief offered by my family, as well as the stigma attached. One might be able to see my challenge. My Chiron is 21° Aries in the 8th house, opposite my natal Mercury conjunct Uranus, Mars( Mars not square) squaring Saturn tenth house. So if one adds all the transits to this one be able to see my influence.. I have a bit more hope, it hurt having to let go of my family. And I was distraught at there rejection that my pride almost let me follow through. However I know once I move through this very challenging time in my life, my opportunities will be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK Friday, or yesterday was the day I felt most vulnerable, which was during full moon lunar eclipse with moon 22° Leo and sun 22° Aquarius My 12th house cusp is 22° LEO making my 5th 22° Aquarius...hmmm

      Delete